Monday, September 5, 2016

Visitors, a new room and a guest book

Mom has had a lot of visitors lately because of a funeral bringing relatives from out of state.

  I met my sister Larita there one morning. It was great to see her again.

  I didn't go to the funeral because Steve wasn't home to go with me and I didn't want to go by myself. Its intimidating to go to a funeral where there are a 1000 people who know who you are but you can't place them because you haven't seen the bulk of them for 30 years.

My relatives have this secret or maybe not so secret delight in asking if I know who they are just so they can watch me squirm. So I have decided that next time I'm not going to sweat it out.

  I'm just going to say, "You tell me who you are and then we will both feel better.

So after my mom got so many visitors the nursing home put her in a room of her own, which is way nicer! It's much more pleasant to visit her in a room with more space and we don't bother a roommate.

We got her a guestbook and its fun to see who has been there.

On Sunday our son Matt and his wife Kaitlyn went in with their little boys. Mom was very happy to see them and smiled a lot.


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment