Friday, March 25, 2016

Another bend in the Road

                                             The view from my parent's house last evening

  Some of you might remember that I mentioned Mom having difficulty walking and that her one leg seemed like it wasn't working as well. On Wed. Dad called Darwin and said he needs an evaluation and help to know what to do because Mom wasn't walking good enough for him to be able to move her anymore.

  I was on the way home from being with Steve on his route for a couple days. I spent a little time with my family then ran over there to see how she was doing. By the time I got there Kristin and Dad had put her to bed, so there was nothing to do then but wait until morning to see how she did. Angie and I would go get her up then.

  So when we tried to get Mom up the next morning she protested in her non verbal way and I was thinking for sure we'd never get her out of there. But Angie knows more then me about personal care and she felt like we really needed to get her out. So we got her into a sitting position and from there got her on her feet with sheer muscle and will power. She stood there very uncertain, but between the three of us (Dad , Angie and me) we managed to get her to the bathroom and on the toilet.

  Angie and I cleaned her up and dressed her and got her to her chair. I combed her hair and made her as comfortable as possible. When we left she was sitting on her recliner, footrest up, throw on her lap, looking as sweet as a rose. When we came back in the evening she was still there, looking the same, not a hair out of place. I told my Dad she looked like she hadn't moved all day and he said she really didn't. She slept a lot.

  Today Dad is going to get a wheel chair and we are going to use that to move her since we feel like we are practically dragging her as it is now. And it is hard on our backs anyway. No sense putting our backs out.

  I like the picture of the sunset. It reminds me of my Mom's life. It looks dark here...but ahead there is a blaze of light. There is always hope beyond this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment