Saturday, April 8, 2017

I Miss the Mom I Used to Have

   Phebe, Merry and I went to clean Pop's house today. We needed a heat gun for a project at home, and I knew mom used to have one to use when she made cards. So I was looking around to see if I could find it.

   Everywhere I went were memories of who mom used to be. I found a stash of cards that she was so fond of making. I rummaged through her stashes of fabric she planned to use in a quilt or maybe a dress she was planning to ask me to sew.

  I missed her a lot .It's such a strange situation to be in. She is just a shadow of her former self. The only thing that is remotely still like her is her body. Although she has aged tremendously and lost a lot of weight. Her mind is nowhere near who mom is.

  In my minds eye I can still see a mom who cared about my life. Loved her grandchildren, never missed a birthday. Loved to bake pies. Loved to laugh. It's been eons since she called me on the phone.

  She never missed an appointment, always had meals on time. She loved to shop and go out to eat. The best thing about mom was she was always there, and you could always depend on her to have a bucket of ice cream in her freezer. I miss her........


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment