Friday, April 7, 2017

Mom on A Wednesday

     I met Angie on Wed at the nursing home to visit mom. When I first got there mom was really sober and pretty much just tolerated any try at interaction. It was pleasant that Pop was there because I could at least talk with him.

  When Angie got there she brought mom a cookie. Mom took it immediately and started eating it. I could tell Pop was nervous about it. He watched her like a hawk.

The nursing home has been giving Dad a meal whenever he comes in and feeds mom. Last week one day he had chicken and mom grabbed one of his pieces and tried to eat it. She ended up choking on it. So he's pretty concerned about what goes in her mouth. She is mostly on a pureed diet.

I gave her the soft Teddybear to hold and she loved it. But after she had the cookie she just wanted to bite the bear. Before I left then I gave here an activity blanket they had there in her room. Activity blankets have trinkets to keep them busy. Like pockets, zippers, buttons and different textures to feel. She worked at the zipper for awhile and seemed very interested in the square itself. She loved to piece quilts in the past, it appeared like there was a memory there.


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment