Thursday, September 17, 2015

Still Here

    I know I'm very overdue to post again. August was very busy for us getting ready for Marc and Hannah's wedding. So basically Mom got her shower twice a week and we filled in with meals here and there for the freezer.

  So even though things got done my mind has been really tied up with other things. The wedding is over and they are on their honeymoon enjoying life.....Marc told us to leave them alone and said he planned to throw his phone in the ocean. So, in spite of the fact that home seems very empty with life busy as it is I managed to keep my nose out of their business, until last night I thought surely we should know they are still alive so I sent him a private message on FB. Just a smile with a question mark. I got a thumbs up back so now I'm happy :)

  I have been up to my ears in canning as well. 30 qt. of Green Beans on Tues. plus 17 jars of Salsa. Today we did 24 jars of Salsa and tomorrow we will do sauce for Anna and I both. I love fall when it comes to rain with the perfect cool temperature and then I love the Pumpkin Pies, Pumpkin Cheesecake Bread and Apple Pies and COFFEE!

   Fall is beautiful. But I really don't like October anymore. The sun shines warm on the South side of the house in the afternoon and the Box Elder bugs, Asian Beetles and Wasps come out in droves and congregate there. So while I love September I dread October. It seems like Summer takes it's last breath and tries hard to stay, and calls all the bugs for their last rendezvous before they die. 

                     Aunt Sue emailed a few pics of Mom and her brothers I want to share with you all.

                              Mom sorting through Grandma Kropf's things after she passed away.
                                                        Uncle Earl, Uncle Les and Mom

  


  Angie and I went to the folks this morning to give Mom her shower. Pop told us then that Mom had a bad night again last night. She didn't sleep well and he was awake quite a bit but fell asleep and when he woke up she was missing. He found her outside on the porch. She had fallen and couldn't get back up.

  After her shower Angie got her all dressed up in one of her best dresses. Trying to make her look like she used to. I tried very hard to comb her hair like she always did. She did look very good. But then it was hard on my Dad to see her looking "normal" when she isn't. EllaMae came down and took a picture of Mom all dressed up so as soon as she gets that emailed to me I will post it for you.

  After a talk with Darwin, we decided for a quick fix for Mom's wandering, we could just scoot their heavy couch in front of the living room door so that Mom can't get out that way. The other door is secure. That way Pop can at least get a good nights rest knowing that she cannot get out of the house. So this evening my boys and I ran over and took care of that. All doors secure. It's a good feeling. I am concerned about my Dad and how long he can hold up with the stress of caring for Mom.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment