Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Update

 I can't believe how long it's been since I last posted here. I have been so busy! But I will give you all a quick update.

  Mom has been doing" pretty good for the shape she is in! " :)  Quote from Grandma Kropf. I still remember Grandma's classic expressions. After she took the walk to the bathroom and back to her chair she would always breathe a huge sigh of relief and say," Whew!, That's work."   Another saying was, "This old lady ain't what she used to be."

  But back to Mom now...... She has a good attitude. Usually is happy unless she senses that someone, (like my Dad) is sad and then she gets concerned and sad too. But generally speaking, she seems content except for the times she gets in her head that she needs to go somewhere.

  LaRita stayed with Mom while the rest of us went to Dolan's and Dominique's wedding. I still need to get a report from her on how that went.

 So just want you all to know, we are still here very much alive. To Uncle Earl, I took your cd to Mom now. She seemed to enjoy the music, but I couldn't tell if she recognized it. I told some of you that I don't know if Mom knows me from anyone else, she did however try to say my name on Monday when we were there and nodded her head when I asked her if LaRita stayed with her the Saturday before. So, you never know......

2 comments:

  1. always like to read your posts and look forward to hearing from you she seems so much like our mother bless you for all you girls do praying for all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Luella, all your prayers are appreciated! I remember visiting you Mom in Florida, She always laughed at my brother Darwin's jokes and shared a few of her own :)

    ReplyDelete