Saturday, January 16, 2016

More Time With Mom

    I got a few pictures of Mom last time I was there for her shower. I'm always scratching my head for ideas about what Mom could do to make her days pass more interestingly. I gave her some beads and string at Christmas time. But that day she just took a handful of beads and kept them scrunched up in her hand. So I thought that was a lost cause. She does that sometimes. She can take a candy wrapper and hold it tightly in her hand through her whole shower and when we get her back in her chair I notice she still has it.

  I gave her the beads and string again when we had her settled back in her chair last time, she strung them on nicely and seemed to enjoy it. So I guess each day is different.





   Sometimes we have surprises when we go over to my parents house. Angie and I went later then usual one evening for Mom's shower. I usually leave my children at home when I go, with the exception of Merry, because she is good therapy for Mom. But a shower is not really visiting time. But I had a few beggars on this particular evening, so I decided ok, why not? They should go visit their Grandparents. Would you believe that evening I saw something I never saw before?

  Mom was sitting in her chair with a T shirt and her depend. That's all. Dad said he was going to put her to bed soon anyway. I grabbed a throw and tossed it over her, but it presented a problem. How do you make the trek across the Living room to the bathroom with a young teenage grandson in the room. I took one look at him and saw he had a magazine in front of his face, so I told Angie, " Let's just take her, as long as he stays behind that magazine, we"ll be alright."

  As we crossed the Living room Angie tells Mom, "Run."

 Would you believe she actually did? I couldn't believe my Mom could actually run! But run she did. With an expression on her face that was priceless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment