Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Snow Storms

   Our predicted snow storm wasn't quite as bad as they thought it would be. It was nice enough to satisfy my snow needs, but not the 8-12 inches that they warned us about. We had a cozy day anyway, cinnamon rolls, coffee and tonight Hot Chocolate.

    Last Monday I went with Steve to get books at Matemora again. On the way home around 5:00pm I got a call from Angie saying that my Dad had left Mom with her just before 2:00 and said he was going to Viroqua. He didn't give her a flight plan. Where he was headed or which direction. Soon after he left it started snowing. Thick and heavy. Dad is from the old school and never thinks about the need for a cell phone. He has one, but it usually is out of minutes. 

    So, Angie was worried. It was getting dark and no sign of Pop. I told her to call Darwin cause he might know where Pop was going, as in which Amish farm.I had visions of him landing in the ditch on some obscure back road that we wouldn't know how to find and then that's all the further I allowed my mind to go. I don't like activating stress hormones when there is nothing I can do to fix the problem. I didn't hear anything back after that, so I figured all must be well as no news is good news. I called her back later and she told me Pop had made it back. Like the tough old survivor he is. He said he saw some cars in the ditch, but he made it back! 

    Mom is still mostly the same. I still can't figure out how much she comprehends. I'm pretty sure she can't read anymore. I wish she would try to communicate more with at least a nod or a shake of the head.I know she still is happy to see us when we come. , and she loves kids. 


No comments:

Post a Comment