Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Changes

  I can't believe all these things are happening to mom while I am on vacation. But in some ways maybe it is at the best time. This way she's being cared for at the hospital, and I don't have to worry about Angie carrying the weight of care by herself. 

  So I have come out of the wilderness to do laundry and discover that the laundrymat has free WiFi! Oh joy! And so when I think of you, my relatives and readers, who deserves an update about mom before I check email and fb? Well, you of course!

  I'm not there in the fray, so I have to report what I hear rather than firsthand info. My Dad said last night that her numbers are good and she will be discharged before long to go to a nursing home. I'm not sure how she will respond to that change. Angie said she is pretty agitated in the hospital.

  It's interesting how things go. We were looking at putting her in the home for the 8 weeks that Angie will be gone because of her difficulty with walking, I felt I couldn't handle it by myself. There were a lot of hoops to jump through. Now because she ended up in the hospital she will go to the nursing home from there and medicare will pay for it. There is still a mountain of paperwork. We have to go through a lawyer to appoint a guardian because we never got the pow for health done when she was OK. Some how we never thought mom would be the one to need it this soon. If you don't have this done, then get it done today. It will save you a lot of headache.
 

Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment