Thursday, June 30, 2016

Ocean in a Bottle

  Yesterday when I went to see mom she was very agitated. Dad said she was grabbing things and making it hard to feed her.

  Later that day I was browsing on Pinterest and I found a recipe for calming bottles. They were using them for kids, but I thought it should work as well for a person with Dementia.

  So today Merry and I put one together for Grandma. I chose the "Ocean in a Bottle" because it sounded relaxing. And for a little special touch I bought the little Sea Turtle "Squirt" to put in the bottle. That way we can watch him swim.

  I bought everything I needed at The Dollar Tree. A bottle of sparkling water, to reuse for the bottle, veggie oil and the afore mentioned sea turtle.

It's a very simple process. Fill the empty bottle 1/3 full of water and 4 drops of blue food coloring, shake and fill the bottle the rest of the way with veggie oil. Last of all squeeze the sea turtle in. He comes attached to a rock but I easily twisted him off and discarded the rock.

Super glue the lid on so that it won't come off, and your done!

  Tomorrow I will see how Mom likes it.....

Posted via Blogaway


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment