Thursday, November 24, 2016

My Visit with Mom Today

Mom with her flowers and cookies
Mom and Dad holding hands
Dads eye is looking better

     I made an unplanned visit to see mom today.

      I was buried this morning in coffee, my Bible and prayer. I had spent some time with God in the last few days. Letting go of things I can't hold on to. I found the presence of Jesus comforting. He has a strong hand. He holds all the things that I can't.

So as I sat there, just thinking. I got this inspiration to run in and see mom before tomorrow, (Thanksgiving) I knew with having a houseful of visiting relatives I wouldn't make it in there anytime soon.

  I stopped in at Family Dollar and bought mom some Windmill cookies and then on to Wal mart for a Fall bouquet.

   Mom and I and Windmill cookies go way back. I remember having them one afternoon, one of my earliest memories. We were in her bedroom eating cookies then we were going to take a nap. Well she was a lot more tired then I was, so when she dropped off and started snoring, (sort of) I just kind of crept away.

Windmill cookies always make me think of the time I ran off on mom!

  Pop came in while I was there, so I took a picture of his eye so you can see how much better it looks.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment