Friday, November 18, 2016

Dad Has Surgery

   Pop has had a sore on the side of his face that just hasn't been healing. I'm not sure anymore when we first noticed it. He would try different ointments and some seemed to help but it just never went away.

  When he was in the hospital with that last bout of Pneumonia , I asked the Dr. about it and he said it's Cancer. Well actually he said it's a Basel Cell Carcinoma. Which spoken in English is interpreted to mean, It's skin cancer. The Dr. said it is no big deal but it should come off. He showed me some online images that looked just like it. For which, I have spent the last 15 minutes searching for so you could see how it looked, but to no avail. I saw every other image possible of skin cancer out there, but not that particular one. I am very sorry now that I didn't take a picture of it while he still had it so you can see what it looked like. But since I don't have one I shall now have to use a thousand words instead.

   When it first started it was sore looking, red and oozing. After time it evolved into a dime sized sore. Still crusty, flaky and oozy. The last time I looked at it, just days before his surgery it had thickened to depth of a dime.

  So here is a picture of how he looked the morning after surgery.
                                                                           

   I asked him if Mom noticed it when he went in to see her. He said no, it didn't affect her one way or another. She just didn't comprehend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment