Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Memories and Current Events

                          




     I found this jewel of a picture last week when I was going through old photos in search of pictures for our son Marc's wedding.

    Aren't they beautiful? This picture was taken the summer Jeff spent with us. He was probably 16 then. I don't remember for sure, but Jeff was like a brother. We had a great summer and he and my parents got along very well.

  Mom is so young there, so happy and beautiful! So neat and orderly in appearance. Just look at her hair! Every lock of it in place!

  Today my Dad called me, he was doing chores at Darwin's house and he had taken Mom with him and told her to stay in the van. While he was doing chores Mom exited the van and when he got back she was GONE!

  He said he frantically looked everywhere. But couldn't find her. He checked the house, shop and everywhere. When he came back to the van a second time he found her on the ground beside the van. Somehow she had been hidden from his view and tried to get back to the van and fell. So he called me to help get her back up.

  I wasn't sure how it would go because usually the guys do that., but I grabbed my half grown boys and we buzzed over there. When I got there she was laying on the grass, thankfully in the shade. It was very hard to see her laying there. But I helped her sit up and while Dad went to the shop after a board I just sat down with her and talked to her. At first she looked scared but then she lightened up and smiled a little.

  So Pop brought the board.( He's an expert at this) He had her lay down on her side again and we got the board under her and then while Dad and I supported Mom, my two boys lifted the board and she was on her feet.

  She went home meek as a lamb and unscathed by the whole event.


No comments:

Post a Comment