Thursday, August 27, 2015

Uncle Les Remembers

                                            
I got a call one day from Uncle Lester. He had written a little story about school days with Mom.

                                                WALKING HOME FROM SCHOOL

      We lived 1 mile east then ½ mile north.  We always walked home with the neighbor kids for that ½ mile.   They lived  west 1 mile, so we walked with them that ½ mile to the crossroad.  They went west 1 mile and we went east 1 mile. 

        Jim was Gins age, one was my age, and there were about 5 of them.

        Anyway, Jim always picked on Gin (typical boy, you know).

         One afternoon we were walking home, Merlin and I were walking in front.  I heard them going at it back there (that was kinda normal, I thought),  then it became more intense so I looked back and she had both hands on him and she gave him a big push right toward the ditch and he went a rolling right down to the bottom of the ditch.  He was a little embarrassed but he never bothered her after that.  They were still friends but he had more respect for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment