Sunday, October 18, 2015

Thanks to Uncle Earl we get another post tonight!

    On Saturday I got a call from Uncle Earl, just checking in to see if I was still living and breathing, because I haven't been here since Oct 4th. I have to admit it has been a really busy time and since Mom has been behaving pretty well it was easy to let it slide. But I really don't want to. Although I have been having way too much fun with my Grandchildren :) I love being a Grandma!

   Here is a song for you Grandparents out there.

  

   So now the news on Mom. She has been so good. Seems mostly happy. Her biggest hangup is she hates to have her toenails and fingernails clipped and will put up a huge fuss. One time I tried to cut her toenails I ended up straddling her leg and that put me in a precarious position that she immediately took advantage of. I found myself flying across the room. So that was the last time I tried that. I'm learning a lot about what not to do.

    Her not cooperating with trimming the nails brought her some grief though. One evening she was planning to try to get out the door and fell in the process. She tore her big toe nail and she is going to lose it. She did submit to a trimming then. Not sure how that went because my Dad did it. I just saw it was much better. My Dad asked me to do her fingernails then too, I had to reassure her over and over that it was not going to hurt and I would be extremely careful. So we got that job done and everyone is happy now.

    Hope you enjoy the song and don't forget to thank God that you still have your mind and can trim your own toenails!

No comments:

Post a Comment