Thursday, October 22, 2015

Time Changes Things

  Mom is still being very happy most of the time. Angie and I were there today for her shower. She was looking kind of mad and kicking the water (like a kid). We asked her if she is mad and then she looked at us very intently and smiled. Like she knew she really shouldn't be mad at us.

  She still gets out a word or two sometimes. Last time I was there I told her that Uncle Earl had called me. She worked really hard and managed to say EE A R L.

  Yesterday was my birthday. Not that it matters so much that it was my birthday but  it holds a little note of sadness for me. Mom always remembered Birthdays. She always had a gift waiting. The last birthday gift she gave me was bath towels.

   Last year was the first time in 48 years that she didn't remember. So this year my Dad called to wish me a Happy Birthday for the first time that I can remember. I guess he's taking Mom's place.

No comments:

Post a Comment