Sunday, February 14, 2016

More Snow

  It's cold.....minus 5 and minus 8 have been normal around here this past week. That is really not that bad considering that normally we would be having 20 below right now. But since we have had a milder winter, we are turning into Pansies.........which brings up a thought....why do we call what we esteem wimpish behavior being a Pansy?

  I have never seen a braver flower. They bloom early in the spring and smile through a skiff of snow. Why don't we call wimpy people Day Lillies or Poppies? Both of those flowers are here today, gone tomorrow....it would make much more sense but if doesn't sound right. "You Day Lily" or "You Poppy" just don't pack the punch that "You Pansy" does.

  So, if you get called a Pansy, don't take offense. That's one tough little flower.







    It was my turn to stay with Mom on Sat. morning but Steve and I had gone to Illinois for more books on Friday and staff meeting ended up running later than usual. We had a LOT of books to unload into storage at home before Steve could leave on his route on Monday. So I called Galen and he kindly took my place.

  It was also Mom's day for a shower so Angie and I headed over to the folks by 8:30 that morning.  Mom was somewhat uncooperative. We basically had to dress her without any help from her. You know how hard it is to get a sleeve on an arm that isn't helping. It's a push and shove situation. My Dad said she wasn't walking quite as well either the past few days. So I'm not sure if she isn't feeling well or if she just doesn't like early showers.

  Last Tuesday when we were there for her shower, I walked in and looked her over and told her it was time to trim her nails again. She didn't like that. She frowned, shook her head "no" and gave me a push with her foot. But she did pretty well then. I had to reassure her quite a lot that I would not hurt her and she allowed me to trim them without trouble.


No comments:

Post a Comment