Friday, May 27, 2016

In a Perfect World

   I wish I had something profound to write about today. If I wrote everything I want to this post wouldn't be fit to read. It would be too full of impatience and frustration. I want you all to know that we are real people though.

  Suffice it to say that in a perfect world I would never have to juggle schedules and try to keep everyone happy because in a perfect world there would be way more volunteers than needs.

  How did I ever deserve to be the youngest child? Okay, that was mostly spoken in fun....(mostly)......don't ever let anyone tell you that the youngest is the spoiled one. After all the youngest one will be one of the few that doesn't have a bad back by the time mom ends up with dementia.

  Thank God I have Merry, but woe to the family member that doesn't carry the load when she is in charge. She is at 8 years old the no nonsense kind of girl that takes charge and tells everyone what to do. I will be safe in her hands! LOL!

  Maybe that is enough rambling now, and I need to get to what I really want to say. When I look at how I handle life then I want to retreat into the secret place of the Most High. I want to spend time in the presence of God and claim the mind of Christ. To think like he does, to let the pressures of this life flow off and away. To love my neighbor as myself and not allow myself to give in to stress and the things that from my vantage point don't look good at all.

  It is a refining fire, this thing of Caregiving. God have mercy! I hope Mom doesn't have to live on this old earth until I learn all my lessons.

  The only reason I am writing all this is because I want to be real.  When you read this blog things look like they are going well and they are mostly, but we are human beings. It reminds me of what a friend once said. When you see a duck on the water it looks like it's all good and serene on top, but there's an awful lot of paddling going on underneath.

                                                   Merry, getting a smile out of Grandma
                                     Combing Mom's hair, Angie is putting her socks on her feet

3 comments:

  1. Dawn,
    May God give you grace and courage for each step.
    I appreciate your blog and your honesty.
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lois, Its nice to hear from you!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete