Friday, May 20, 2016

This is progress!

 In caring for Mom the past year, she has been going backwards inch by inch and I never thought I would be able to say we are making progress!

  Since Mom's bloodclot episode, Angie and I have been helping her walk, one on each side.Finally she started just dragging her feet....literally! She has put new meaning to the words. We couldn't figure her out. Her legs were perfectly normal. We thought maybe her leg was going numb from staying in one position all night. But then she also drug her feet in the evening when we took her to bed. She actually went down twice when she was being walked.

  We were really discouraged and Pop was getting depressed with it all. So on Wed. morning, Angie decided to see if she would use a walker. I thought it was a lost cause. But she really surprised me! She took right off and has been walking pretty good with minimal help.

  Tonight she walked pretty much by herself from her chair to the toilet, then when we got her back up to go to bed she didn't stop at the bed. She headed right back out to her chair and sat down. She smiled real big when we laughed at her. She went to bed then willingly, but I think she is happy with it all. I wonder if she got sick of being helped and decided to "drag her feet".

  She gave me a great big hug after she was in bed tonight. It feels really good to have her on her own feet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment