Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day!

              Happy Mother's Day to my Mother. Even though she doesn't know today is the day!

  Last evening when Angie and I went over to put Mom to bed she was sitting in her chair holding a card she got in the mail that day. Dad said she was holding it all day. I took the letter from her and saw it was from my sister LaRita. I asked my Dad if he read it to her and he said he didn't so not knowing if she can actually still read I read it to her. She got a nice smile on her face and a light in her eyes. I could tell she was getting this. She was so tickled to get a card from LaRita.

  I think her happiness stuck with her all night because when we got there this morning she was actually ready to get up. Usually she pulls the covers up to her neck and looks like she hopes she can stay there. Like, what do I have to get out of bed for....This morning she looked eager and would have sat up with out help if she could have. So a card in the mail makes a lot of difference to an old lady.


  About whether mom can still read or not. I did a test on her recently. I took her little white board and wrote on it. "I want ice cream" Anyone that knows mom, knows she always wants ice cream. So when she just stared blankly at that tempting little message I concluded that she couldn't read. But maybe that wasn't an accurate test. Like the scientist that concluded that if you take a frogs legs off they can't hear.

 They did a test...first they cut off one of his front legs and yelled, "jump!" He jumped, but not too far. Then they cut off his other front leg and yelled, "jump!" He jumped again, not too far. Then they took off a back leg and  yelled again. He didn't move very far but still moved a little. Finally they cut off the remaining leg and yelled, "JUMP!" He didn't move at all. The conclusion? Frogs cannot hear when you cut off their legs.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment