Thursday, July 21, 2016

When Life Gives You Lemons

   Who doesn't like lemonade? That's what they tell you to do when you get lemons dumped into your life. Make lemonade. Oh well, it's probably good advice.

   My patience has been sorely tested lately with lawn equipment. We have had a lot of rain recently. Which is a God send for the garden. But the grass flourished as well and that's when the lawnmower decided to die.

   I decided at least I can go out and whip some weeds with the weedeater. I went out and pulled the starter string twice. It gave a promising firing sound but on the next pull I was left with a long string in my grip that wouldn't retract.

Oh bother! I ran the offensive machine down the road to my brother in law. He fixed it and returned it. I decided to try again. One yank and I stared in dismay at the long piece of string that refused to retract. AGAIN!

  Steve says run it in to the repair man. So I did. It took at least 3 days to get it back. They charged me 18.00. I took it home, eager to whip the weeds. Guess what? One pull on the string and I'm back to square one. AGAIN!

  I reluctantly ran the unruly machine back to the repair man again. He said he had replaced the spring but found he should have replaced a plastic flywheel of some sort. I picked it up the next day and brought it home and handed it over to my son to run. You can only imagine how sweet the music of that running machine sounded to my ear as weeds began dying like crazy out there.

  The very next day I sent my other son out to finish the job and I stretched out on the couch for a nap. I wasn't there long, just drifting off into sweet repose when my son burst in the door and shatters my sleep with the dreaded proclamation that the string once again refused to wind back in. AGAIN!

  I was tempted to be mad.....really. But God put his hand on me and told me to take a deep breath and wait. I said, "OK God, I'm giving that weedeater to you so I don't have to be bothered with it anymore."

   That took care of the anger. Tonight we had another thunder and lightning roaring downpour. I went out to retrieve God's weedeater that was still sitting where it had been left in the yard.

   I think I just found my recipe for lemonade.


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment