Tuesday, July 5, 2016

How Does Mom Feel about It?

   I wish I knew how mom is feeling about her nursing home stay. It is impossible to know. She does not show a lot of emotion. She will wince or frown if I touch a spot that hurts. But mostly she just looks at me with an uncomprehending stare.

  She seemed to like the "Ocean in a bottle" she turned it over and over trying to see the turtle. I though I got a picture of her with the bottle but it must be on my phone, so instead I posted pictures of my two new grandbabies!

Maybe a better title for this post would be, How do I feel about mom being in the nursing home. I mostly don't like it, but while we are on the subject, I don't like Dementia either.

Having mom at home is much better on the emotions. But there are some positives, at the nursing home she gets around the clock care and she goes to therapy everyday. I think Dad is adjusting too, but the first week was rough on him.

  Mom still responds well to kids. Even though she largely ignores me, she will still light up and smiles at the children.


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment