Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Mom Was Happy Tonight

   I know I have not been here for a week. I am painfully, acutely aware...

But now I am here and I hope you are too.....

   Angie and I went over to do Mom's shower this evening. She was happy to see us and full of smiles. One thing that is really cool about Mom since her Dementia is she is so free with her hugs. Mom was always kind of reserved with her emotions. Oh, I remember lots of hugs when I was little but as we got older there wasn't as many. Now we get all we need, and she gets them right back!

                                                           
                          Angie gets a hug tonight after Mom's shower, before I got her hair done.

   Sometimes I wonder if I can really remember my Mom as she was when she was normal. Sometimes in my dreams she talks to me. I love that. Sometimes I can almost remember the sound of her voice. I cherish the moments today though. Angie and I have many precious times with Mom.

     Someday....Someday.....things will be different. Someday Mom will be young again, in that land that is fairer than day. Then we will hear hear her voice and her laughter again.


 Tonight while we showered Mom, Pop left for awhile so we stayed with Mom and while he was gone, we spent the time listening to The Chuck Wagon Gang on Youtube. Mom used to enjoy them a lot.

                                                       Here she is, listening to the songs

                                                             
                        
                                                        



No comments:

Post a Comment