Monday, July 27, 2015

This Past Week

    I took a short dash up to Matt and Kate's house this past week from Wednesday until Saturday morning. They are the directors for Vacation Bible School at their church. So I took the kids up for that.

    Ella Mae and Emma stepped in and did Grandma's shower for us on Wednesday.

   I was back on Saturday in time to do Mom's shower with Angie. She seemed very happy and easy going . Dad ran for some groceries while I stayed with Mom.

 Donna stayed with Mom in the morning while Dad was at work. He actually took her along at 10am and then Donna picked her up at 11am. According to Donna's FB report, things went well. Mom was cooperative and decided to be a good girl.

   Mom seems to know people so far. While I was up north I saw Daria Newenswander.  I got a picture of her and her baby so I could show mom. Mom didn't know her, which I wasn't surprised about, but when I told her that Daria is Carrie's girl, her face lit up and she remembered Carrie.

  Steve was with me at the folks house one day recently. Just nicely sitting on the couch, when Mom started crying. When I asked her what was wrong she got this distressed look on her face and pointed at him. So I don't know what he triggered in her mind.

  Pop took Mom with him to an Amish place this past week. He left her sitting in the van and told her to stay there. When he got back to the van she was missing....again....(he hasn't learned yet) He found her in the house. It is so uncharacteristic of Mom to go into a strangers house. She would never have done that before. Who knows, maybe she thought she had to go to the bathroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment