Saturday, July 18, 2015

Stayin' with Mom

  Today was my day to stay with Mom while my Dad worked at his recycling job. Mom sat in her chair and slept most of the morning. I took Merry along because her and Mom always get along well and it helps the time go faster for Mom and she doesn't miss my Dad so much.

  Mom was in a mellow mood today. She stays in her chair for hours and doesn't make much trouble. At least not today. She wasn't in a throwing mood today like she has been sometimes.

  On Wed. when we were there for her shower. Angie had left and I stayed a little while because Pop wanted to run to town for coffee. Merry was with me that time too and she wanted some ice cream so I thought maybe Mom wants some too. I noticed a large shake sitting on the counter when I got there and it still felt cool to the touch I figured it must be Mom's so I gave it to her and she very nicely drank it down. Bout that time my Dad comes home and I asked if the Shake was mom's. He said yes it was. He had given it to her earlier and she just wanted to throw it on the floor so he took it away.

  Mom wasn't very happy about her shower on Friday.After we got her in the tub she looked at me with this very dark look and shook her head vigorously. Then when I reached out to help her undress my arm went across her mouth and she tried to bite me. That was the second time that happened. I am getting a little wiser about letting my flesh come in contact with her mouth.

  Today while I was there I read some of what she wrote about her life. It is very interesting. She was just a kid yet when my dad wrote to her for the first time. She said she showed the letter to her parents and asked them what they think and they said she could do whatever she wanted about it. I was nearly freaking out. I can't imagine saying that to my 16 year old daughter. I'd probably say you can tell him anything you want as long as it is NO!

  But I am impressed....that same young boy is the man who says he will take care of her till he drops.

No comments:

Post a Comment