Saturday, December 19, 2015

Today is Mom's Birthday!

 Mom turned 84 years old today. She is 30 years and 3 days older than Steve. That's how I remember how old they are. I can usually pinpoint one or the other. Whenever I want to know how old Mom is I think of Steve and figure it out, or the other way around.

  We had a good day. It was my turn to stay with Mom. Angie had called me weeks ago and we made plans to have lunch with Mom. Angie said she would buy chicken from KFC. Because Mom always loved their chicken. She asked me to do the Potato Salad. I think I got the best end of the deal. Because she had to spend a fortune. I invited the rest of the family to come at 2:00 for ice cream and cake because even though Angie would have bought Chicken for everyone. I didn't have the heart to let her.

  We did Mom's shower today and I cleaned the mess between Mom and Pop's chairs. It looks much better now. Mom got a lot of cards for her birthday. I put some on the wall beside her chair at eye level where she can see them. I found that she had chucked a few in the trash can when I emptied it. Don't worry, she would never do that if her mind was working right. But that is just how she does now.

  She got a cute little scrapbook in the mail from her nieces, Linda and Cheryl, don't ask me what their last names are. It's been too long. I know their maiden names though. Linda Hostetler and Cheryl Garretson. After inspecting the little book we discovered it was made from those little white lunch bags folded in half with a spiral binding added. They did an excellent job. I didn't think to take pictures today. But I am going back tomorrow and again on Tues. well actually everyday next week because Kristin will be on vacation and Phebe will be doing her job over there. So I will take the camera and get some pictures to post so you can see this cute little book.

  It was fun to be at the folks again with other ones from the family. It's been a long time since we were all there like that. Reminded me of the days when we used to do that more. Darwin's were there. Our two married sons were there. Luc and Anna and their two sons, Kaiden & Blake, also Marc and Hannah. Actually we have three married sons but Matt lives too far away and is planning to be here for Christmas. So he couldn't make it for today. OK lets be honest. I didn't even invite him cause I knew he wouldn't come two weekends in a row.

 
                                                                Singing Happy Birthday


                                                                     Pop and Mom


                                             Darwin and Mom with Merry and Dawson


                                          Birthday cake and Mom's favorite food.....ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment