Thursday, April 28, 2016

The Sun Rises and Sets

  Every morning the sun rises, every evening it sinks behind the horizon. Always faithful, always there. We depend on it. I suppose God never gets tired of the sameness of it. Faithfully every day.

  Every morning at 8am Angie and I go get mom out of bed. Every evening at 8:30pm we go again to put her back in. I guess we are part of mom's sunrise and sunset. Sometimes she seems happy to see us and sometimes she frowns.

  Yesterday the girls went over with me because we were going shopping at Aldi and the thrift store and they wanted to go along. Merry is always very engaging with Grandma. She talks to her, holds her hand and they make faces at each other. It's good kid therapy for Grandma. But I am often in a hurry and so I don't wait on Merry and just run off to get the job done. It was good to see them interact again.

  Last evening Mom was pretty much just dragging her bad leg and then we saw that her foot and lower part of her leg were really swollen again. I think we are going to have to keep that leg up again. Dad likes it down  because she's more upright and can eat better in her chair with out making as big of a mess and I think he forgets to put her leg up again after she is done eating. The nurse from Home Health care will be out soon again so we can discuss it with her too.


  I'm usually OK with the sameness of the routine of caring for Mom, but God has one advantage over me. He knows the end as well as the beginning. But come to think of it, I'm glad I can't see everything God can. I'm sure I couldn't handle all the information. I can't imagine what it would be like to know everything everyone in this world thinks and does.

Here is a clue from God himself about how he feels about all he knows.....

Psalm 7:10-12

 My defense is of God, which saves the upright in heart. God judges the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day. If he turn not, he will whet his sword; he hath bent his bow, and made it ready.

Psalm 34:15 
   Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it. The eyes of the LORD  are  upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.  The face of the LORD  is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.  The righteous cry, and the LORD hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles.


But let's not forget.....


Romans 5:8

“But God commends his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”





No comments:

Post a Comment