Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Do any of us have time to stop and smell the Roses

  It's going to be a busy weekend. It's so easy to just allow the current of life to rush us along. I feel like I tumble and rush through so fast sometimes I don't have time to think, let alone smell the roses.

  Time is passing by while I do STUFF! Like Food, cleaning, laundry, school, running errands, listing things on Ebay, shopping (mostly for groceries) almost never for the fun of it, did you catch a tiny sob there? Not really,....I don't mind, I'm happier when I'm not spending money, got it from my Grandma I think.

   Oh, I forgot to mention blog posts, running over to Mom's twice a week to help with her shower, and answering phone calls and texts. DISCLAIMER....I love the people who contact me, please don't stop! I think I just solved my aching thumb problem. Too much texting!   I'm sure I'm still missing something.....and to get really dizzy I could mention the things I'm not getting done at all.

  Reality is, I'm afraid I really need to slow down and spend time with important people. Like my Man, my kids and my parents. It's way too easy to give an absent minded, on the run, passing through kind of hug, while my brain is computing other things and I barely pay attention.

  So this weekend is the Haiti Benefit Auction. Darwin is at the helm of that with his church people. We are making the donuts, so I have to make sure I got everything lined up for that, plus I was hoping to have a couple signs painted to donate to the sale. I see time ticking away and if I don't want to wait until the last minute pressure is on. I thank God for Phebe's help she is one of those faithful who pick up the slack and also makes sure everyone gets fed around here.

Picture of Phebe, my faithful helper. I chose the laughing one because it is a natural pose, but I thought you might want to see her with her mouth shut too. She is with her cousin Denisha on the left and her lil' sis, Merry Grace on the right. I don't think she reads my blog so I think I will be safe :) Oh,and that's a dog not a bear.





Old picture of Grandpa & Grandma Kropf taken before they moved to WI. on their IL. Farm.




No comments:

Post a Comment