Monday, May 25, 2015

I'm Having People Withdrawal

 I'm almost afraid to say it because it took a funeral to get everyone here. But I had a wonderful weekend. I have drawn a huge sigh of satisfaction this afternoon and took a long nap. Now I'm feeling like,....where is everyone?

  As far as I can tell I'm in my right mind. But I sure do deal with a flood of emotions. Mom has dementia, she obviously deals with a lot of emotions too. She cried a lot this weekend. Whether they were happy tears or sad is impossible to tell. I often restrain my tears, just because I don't like to cry in public. Mom used to be that way too. But not anymore. The restraining part of her brain is not functioning, and when she feels like crying, she does.

 I enjoy reconnecting with nephews and nieces and learn to know their kids.Like little Elijah Lott for instance, he is a delight. (OK, really they all are.) Just because everything in his little mind spills out, and he is such a happy little guy. He reminds me of Denny.

  It's funny how kids grow up, but in my mind they are frozen in time. LaDawn is still 5 years old in my memory. How can it be possible that she really is a mom with three kids? Justin is 10 feet tall,(well, probably not) he just looks that way! He is still etched in my mind at 10 years old. Hey, these were kids that I spent a lot of time with, in another lifetime. You can expect a few secret tears, right?

 When I see Nataya and Keian. I think of Clinton and wish he could have been here. It was really good to see some of the long distance ones that we only see maybe once a year, like Angie's family as well as the ones from Iowa that we see just a little bit oftener. The ones from Oregon and Indiana we just do not see very much. It's been a few years.






Since so many of the family came in, we decided to do an evening reunion.

Mervin's and Roger's spent the night at Mom and Dad's house. That was really great that they could be there. I think it made Mom happy. They said at around 6:30am, Mom went into Mervin and Ila's room and patted Ila on the shoulder till she woke up and then went into the Sunroom where Roger and Elaine slept and checked in on them as well. Elaine was already up, so she didn't get the same wake up call that Ila did.



Today we were together before Earls and Mervins left. The cousins took pictures and there are a few other random shots as well.

 Cousins!
 A Goofy Shot
Here's the other side




 In Darwin's House
Telling Stories
 Playing with Great Aunt Donna's Cane

 Galen's Girls, Jessalyn and Janessa
A snuggly moment, Phebe and Little Lincoln, (someday he will be 10 feet tall too, then she will be shedding secret tears) the wheel of time rolls on.



 I had to share this one. A then and now picture of Janessa, Ella Mae, Daryl, Jessalyn and Emma

And this one of Blake, just to remind us that we are not all old :)

No comments:

Post a Comment