Thursday, June 25, 2015

Pretty Much the Same

  Mom has been pretty predictable this week. Sometimes she smiles and is happy, other times she thinks of something that makes her cry. Whenever I get there and give her my hand then she wants a hug and a hug makes her cry.

  Angie did some research this week. About 6 years ago or so.( I can't remember the specific date. I will update this when I find out), anyway, Mom had a treadmill that threw her off and broke her shoulder. She was put on some high powered Narcotic for way too long. The research Angie did showed that Dementia was one of the top 6 side effects of the drug she was taking.

  I remember that at some point maybe even a year later we found out Mom was still taking these pain killers and I called my Dad and told him she really needs to get off. He just took her off, cold turkey. I figured he was going to have real issues with Mom, but she didn't seem to have any problems whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment