Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Changes

Mom continues to improve but I wonder if she will ever get back to what she was before her blood clot.

  Her swelling is very nearly back to normal, but she still doesn't walk well. Sometimes we think she is doing great and the next day she's back to not so good again. She will be on her blood thinner for the rest of her life.

Dad has been hoping that she will improve enough so that Angie and I won't have to come as often, but I don't see that happening. I don't want him to strain himself. If he goes down, life will be much more complicated.

Tonight when Angie and I were there to put mom to bed I saw an Anacin box laying on the counter in the kitchen. So I asked Dad if he bought them for him or mom.  He said they were for him, he's having trouble with his hip. So I told him again not to strain himself trying to get mom up from her chair or bed anymore.

  We have made a difficult decision this week. Our family has driven an hour and 15 minutes for church for the past five years. With mom needing more care it makes it so much harder to get there. We have decided to attend Pop's church for now until mom is no longer here or no longer needs my help.

  We will miss our friends at church. Changes are not always easy. But I'm trying to learn to roll with the punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment