Thursday, April 16, 2015

Everyday is different

   Mom had a good day yesterday, which means Pop did too. He called me at 11:30 when he realized that it wasn't Kristin's day to be there. For those of you who don't know, Kristin is Angie's daughter. We asked her some months ago to do cleaning, etc at Pop's house and so she has been going 3 days a week. She has been a lifesaver. I very much appreciate what she is doing there. She also combs Mom on her days there. So three cheers for Kristin. you are a God-send.

  So I went over before lunch, Mom was sitting in her chair looking at a cookbook. She put her cookbook down to get her hair combed but afterward I asked her what she was looking at, So we went through it together. She wanted Cinnamon Rolls and Chicken. I told her I would ask Angie to make the rolls and I checked their freezer for chicken. I found some drumsticks and put them in the Slow Cooker for supper.

  Usually Darwin runs down in the evening to make sure Mom takes her pills and gets into bed. But he has prayer meeting on Wednesday nights, So I filled in for him last night. When I got there she was in her chair and both her and Dad were in a good mood. The first thing I did when I got there was check the Crockpot to see if they remembered to eat the chicken for supper. They didn't. It was still cooking on high getting pretty dried up around the edges, but very tender. So Dad said they would each have a piece right then. I wasn't too sure what that would do to Mom's bedtime, but who argues with their Dad?

  Mom loves chicken, but she gave me a scare and almost got it stuck in her throat. I think I will take her chicken off the bone and cut it up next time. I took hers to the kitchen when I saw she was having trouble, but she took a drink and then got Pop's plate and hung on for dear life like she wouldn't let go. I brought her another bite of her own and then she was fine.

She went to bed willingly and I snuggled her in and gave her a goodnight hug and we all were happy as a lark. I called Dad this morning and he said, "We did nothing but sleep all night."

No comments:

Post a Comment