Saturday, April 18, 2015

She's Still Mom, Written by Darwin

  Watching all the changes in Mom and trying to encourage Dad in it all makes our mind go down memory lane a lot...and all that Has taken place in life,
Sometimes words come in poetic form...

~Darwin


She cooked our food and washed our clothes
She washed our hair and cleaned our toes
She was Mom, and was there when we learned how to walk
She was Mom with an ear, when we needed to talk

She was Mom with a grin and said go get your own stick
I knew what was coming, and wished I'd been sick
But payday was here and I'd crossed over the line
But Mom knew what it took to make a boy shine

The guy's had told me that hunting deer was such fun
So Mom saved the cash and bought me a gun
She listened with interest as I said what I'd  just done
How quick that deer dropped, the first shot from that gun.

She was Mom that loved to laugh and have a good time
But furniture polish on the floor was not the place for a shine
My Sister and I  thought the plan worked quite well
But She was Mom, and things got stern for a spell.

She was Mom, and there's plenty more that I could say
But Time is taking it's toll and changes are on the way
Things aren't quite the same and her voice is now gone
But we love and care for her, cause she's still Mom.

I go down at night to get her settled in bed
She smiles and makes motions but not a word gets said
She still teases a lot when it's time to take pills
And gave new meaning to yodeling is one of the ill's

Her eyes twinkle and her face still shines when I say
If you give me your hand, I'll take time to pray
She holds on so tight and sometimes won't let go
But she's our Mom, and we love her, she's still helping us grow.

She's teaching us patience and the need for more grace
We're learning that sometimes she simply needs space
So we love and we serve and do the best that we can
All the while knowing, It's part of Gods plan

No comments:

Post a Comment