Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Visitors and unexpected projects

  LaRita and Clifford came up for a visit today. They showed up after lunch. I wasn't there when they got there so I don't know how Mom reacted. Mom was quite mellow today. She just sat in her chair and didn't interact much. Exept to give Merry several big hugs.

  The floor covering in their bedroom is really bad, so Darwin decided to put in a cheap Linoleum for now. We need something in there that will mop up easily. So my job was cut out for me today. I have to get the room empty so all that can be done. Angie was there to help this morning and then LaRita helped me after lunch.

  I found lots of books and lots of old pictures. I didn't have a lot of time to browse through photo albums, but I flipped through here and there and I am sure I saw all of you. I found a picture of Lester with a big white beard that made him look like Grandpa Kropf. Pictures of Grandpa and Grandma Kropf taken in Ill. and some later ones after they moved to Muscoda. One of Earl, Lester and Mom when they looked waaaaay younger! The grandchildren that are "old folks" now all piled on the couch looking like little kids :) 

   Tomorrow I go back again to finish up. There is still stuff to do. This evening I am worried that disrupting the room by moving so much stuff out will upset Mom's apple cart. It's really tough to know how much she cares. Do I use my own head and unclutter or will she be so much happier if I let it be?


No comments:

Post a Comment