Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Little Girl Therapy

   Yesterday my Dad and Mom came over so I could comb Mom and then were here over lunch time. After lunch she didn't want to leave and so I told my Dad if he wants to go to town and do whatever he needed, she could stay with me.

   Merry did a super job in entertaining her. I am so blessed that she can have this time with her Grandma. I'm sure Merry does not remember Grandma as she was before her Dementia started.

   She introduced her to our little bunny, Snow White and our 3 legged cat, Tripod. Merry is still working on learning to read, so she brought her reader over to Grandma  and read to her. You won't believe how amazed I was that  when Merry didn't know a word, she would ask Grandma what it was and Grandma would tell her! I was SO EXCITED! She wasn't exactly clear in her pronunciation but Merry understood her.

   We started using cards with the words, "yes" and "no" on them so that Grandma can have some way to communicate with us,, because mostly she will not say words other than an occasional name and then yesterday when she "helped" Merry read. So Merry had lots of fun asking Grandma yes and no questions.

  Grandma turned her down on helping her with Math. But she pointed to yes when Merry asked her if she can count money.


Merry reading to Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment