Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Today is done

I am at my parents house tonight to be with Mom in case she has a bad night again. Last night she couldn't sleep. My Dad said she got really agitated and started yelling and rocking in her chair.

We had decided to give her Melatonin to see if it would help her sleep better. It worked fine the first night, but she was very, very tired. The next night my Dad wasn't sure she even took the pills. She has slipped pills down beside her in the chair already. Tonight she went to bed like a lamb. So I am hoping she sleeps all night. I am not looking forward to hearing her yell or trying to keep her from escaping out the door.

Things took a turn for the worse when last week my Dad woke up at 11:00pm and couldn't find my Mom. He called my brother Darwin, who lives just down the road and so he and Eunice rushed down here to help and they spotted her sitting in the middle of the road. She was in the clothes she went to bed with. Otherwise known as a slip and barefoot, cold and miserable. Eunice said she had a look of panic in her eyes. She has tried several times since to leave the house. We are trying several options to make so she can't get out undetected again.

 I talked to one of the cashiers at Walmart who said her Mother-in-law walked 2 miles barefoot at 2:00am to the old home place. I guess the past is calling them. I don't think I would want to relive the past, but maybe the mind erases all the hard days and only keeps the pleasant memories. I know that if we ever leave the house we built and carved our lives out of I will always have happy memories, because I love that place.

My sister Angie and I gave Mom a shower today. I was grateful for her help, Angie has a lot of knowledge about personal care and Dementia because of her work as a CNA.

No comments:

Post a Comment