Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Next Generation

   Life is so interesting. I spend time with my parents and then I visit my Grandchildren. Being with Mom and Dad puts an ache in my heart. When I am with my Grandies, my heart sings with hope! I wonder how God sees it all. I know getting old and dying was not God's perfect plan, and yet this sin problem didn't take him by surprise, he has chosen us in him (Jesus) before the foundation of the world, Eph.1:4   

  Then my mind goes into a whirl similar to what Solomon's did in Ecclesiastes. I'm not claiming to be as wise as Solomon. But I find like him that nothing we run after is really that important but to Fear God and keep his commandments. 


  If I were planning it I would allow old people to choose their departure date and go out in a blaze of glory rather than this slow painful ending where we lose our minds or our ability to function. But I know that our fate was settled in the Garden of Eden when we chose sin rather than obedience and this is the price we pay. God never intended life to be painful. He never wanted us to encounter death. But here we are. And for the record I do not believe euthanasia is a way out. We went the wrong direction way back in the beginning there is no purpose in taking the wrong supposedly "easy" way out now. I watched my horse be euthanized and it was so very, utterly sad. And yes, you guessed it, I mourned the loss. My children still remember.

One generation shall praise Your works to another, Psalms 145:4
 Yesterday Matt and Kate and little Lincoln were passing through, so I asked my Dad to bring Mom over to see them. I got this picture of them with Lincoln. I wish I would have thought to ask Matt and Kate to step into the picture too.

Steve and I with our 3 Grandbabies. They delight us and give us hope for the next generation. From left to right. Blake (Luc n Anna's) Lincoln (Matt n Kate's) and Kaiden (Luc n Anna's)

  I stood on the porch and watched my parents leave yesterday afternoon. Mom waved goodbye with a big smile on her face. Last evening Darwin and his oldest son Donavon went down to say goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa because Donavon and his little family are heading back to Haiti today.

  Darwin said Grandma seemed to be in a more rational frame of mind and was happy to have her picture taken with Donavon.

Donny and Grandma before he left for Haiti

No comments:

Post a Comment