Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Bedroom is Done!

  I feel like I have run a race. The bedroom is done, but the Sunroom looks like a Rummage sale is happening. So, my work isn't done. But Mom's bedroom looks great!









   I also feel like a hypocrite. I decluttered Mom's bedroom and now it looks great and then I come home and see clutter in my own house. Maybe I need new flooring... LOL!

  Sorry there are no before pictures. I never think of taking them until after, and then it's too late. So what you see is what you get. I enjoyed spending the last two days with LaRita. It's been awhile since we spent that much time together. (The last time must have been when Pop was in the hospital 2 years ago) So.... sorry no pictures of that. I had a mission to accomplish and never thought of taking the camera over.

  I do wish I would have thought of pictures. LaRita unearthed some toy trucks from under the bed, still in the packages, that I am sure Mom put there thinking of little boy's birthdays. Merry took them out to her to show her and I followed her intending to ask her about giving them to her grandsons. But birthdays and former intentions were far from my Mother's mind. She wanted Merry to open them on the spot, and not just one of them. ALL of them! So Merry and Grandma played with trucks while we cleaned.

  Merry is a good companion for Grandma. They are about the same age now and can really relate to one another. Merry is 7, Grandma is 83. Grandma smiles and gives her hugs and Merry just loves her.

  Angie and I took time to give Mom her shower before Angie had to leave for work. LaRita gave her lunch, after that Mom's mood changed and she cried a lot. None of us were able to figure out what was bothering her. I was afraid it was all the cleaning and moving things, but I don't really think so. When LaRita said goodbye to her, mom hung onto her hand and wouldn't let go. Then after she left she cried some more. I thought maybe pictures would make her happy, but it only made her worse. She looked at pictures of herself and bawled more, then when she saw pictures of my Dad she covered her face with her blanket.

   I finally suggested to Dad that a drive might help, so he took her. I walked with them out to the van and she was sniffling the whole way out there. I felt so sorry for her cause she has no way to communicate what she is struggling with.

   They went all the way down to Muscoda past our old place on Indian Creek and then into town past the place where Grandma and Grandpa used to live. It must have helped because she came back in a much better frame of mind. I explained to her then that Darwin was coming down soon to put in new flooring in her bedroom and all the furniture would have to come out. She smiled and seemed pretty happy about that. She had wanted new flooring for a long time, so maybe she remembers.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment